Adding BLT to an existing project¶
Adding BLT to an existing project can be much more complex than simply creating a new site with BLT. There are a few reasons for this:
- BLT expects your project to have a particular directory structure and set of files.
- You may have to resolve conflicts between your existing dependencies and BLT's dependencies.
- Ensure that your project directory structure is Acquia-cloud compatible by asserting that the Drupal root is in a top-level folder called
- You must already user Composer to manage site dependencies. If you don't, please see Using Composer to manage Drupal site dependencies and modify your project accordingly.
- Ensure that your dependencies are all up to date via
composer update. Assert that these updates do not break your project.
To add BLT to a pre-existing Drupal project, do the following:
cdinto your existing project directory.
Add BLT via composer:
composer require acquia/blt:^8.3 --no-update composer update
Continue following instructions for step 2 and beyond in Creating a new project with BLT.